We live on 100 acres of "bottomland" out in the country. We have what sounds like at night, a zillion coyotes all around us.

We have had a few cats come up missing but they usually run from our dogs even when there are several coyotes together. I can only speculate that they avoid our dogs due to their size.(100lbs.+)

Both coyotes that Ol' Rusty kilt were lactating females that had been sucked down til they were "poor as a chicken snake". They must have been some kind of hungry to come up on our porch.

There is not a "worser" way to insult a hound dog than to mess with his food. On both occasions, I was awoken by a roar that sounded like 2 bears fighting accompanied by patio furniture crashing.

I ran out on the porch with my gun but both times Ol' Rusty had them down on the ground and was crunching their neck bones.

Believe it or not, a big healthy boar coon will put up a better fight! They can get up on things and behind things better too.

One night a big boar coon got up on the wood stack on the porch...