Wayne:

Rusty was truly an outside dog. If we ever could get him to come in the house, he would go stand by the door until we let him out.

He preferred to sleep in his bed on the porch and guard the place. Occasionally, a coyote, coon, or possum would insult him by coming up to the porch to steal some of his food.

Over the years, he killed 2 coyotes, at least a dozen coons, and more possums than I could count. No matter what it was, when he grabbed them, you could hear the bones crunching.

We could always rest easy knowing that Rusty was outside. Since we live a half mile off the highway, and back in the woods, Rusty was as good of Home Security as you can get.

I had to get 2 hound puppies (Ricky & Ruby) for my wife. She has babied and spoiled those 2 puppies til they are rotten. Whether or not they grow up to be as good of dogs as Rusty was, is still to be determined. I sure hope so. Here they are:

Coach

Attachments
------Ricky in the water bucket.gif

------Ruby in the chair.gif

Edited by coachblalock (01/09/19 10:22 AM)