Good Question! As I only shoot clay pigeon every ones in a while, with a borrowed shotgun just for fun, I am not that knowledgeable about this subject. I know that shooting clay pigeons is only allowed with a double barreled shotgun, over and under or a side x side. Almost everybody here uses an over and under. For hunting you can own a double barreled, pump action or a semi auto shotgun, like a Browning Auto-five, but they are adjusted to only load two cartridges as a maximum. The exact reason for this is unknown to me, but I believe it has to do with shooting to much animals at ones.

We are allowed to shoot all of the the IPSC disciplines here.So the guns needed for that are also legal to own.There is a IPSC shotgun competition, where you can use pump action /semi auto shotguns, so we can own them. Then you are allowed to have a shotgun that can shoot more then two shots without a maximum. So if you hunt you can't own a pump action shotgun, but when you shoot IPSC you can.

The rules here are all build around the guns that are needed for approved "regular" competitions, like IPSC. Those guns are all allowed.

I just looked it up and read that shotguns, do need to have a shoulder stock, so we can't own the Shock-Wave. The length wasn't a problem, because everything above the minimum length of 23,6 inch is legal.

When you type IPSC Dutch, you get a lot of hits on YouTube, also for IPSC rifle. I couldn't find Dutch IPSC shotgun video's, but I know for sure that it is an allowed shooting match. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ovv-ZHA62DM

Edited by Sphinx3000 (12/14/18 05:26 PM)