OK Crew,
Thank you for choosing my dealer special. The "Stanaback Special" was first introduced in 1985. At that time there was only a 4 inch version. It was, at the time, the only 4 inch knife of 1/4" blade stock that the Randall shop offered. Since it's introduction, I have been fortunate enough to have been granted the latitude of 2 blade lengths, the orignal 4" "PLUS" a 4 5/8" version.
Beside the Randall Fireman, my 4 inch special is the only other 1/4" blade stock knife offered. My longer (4 5/8" version) is also forged from stainless steel blade stock and it is also 1/4" thick stock!
As has been stated earlier in this build, we are not limited to the "5-option" rule, when it comes to my specials! I have built my 4 5/8" version with as many as "13" options, the RKCC "1st Club Knife" being one of them! As "standard" equipment, here's what options are already included:
* Option #1-Special dealer blade forging
* Option #2-Top bevel sharpened
* Option #3-BCP (Bowie clip point) blade shaping
* Option #4-Hand forged stainless steel blade (440B)
* Option #5-Thumb notches
* Option #6-Custom-designed sheath(s)
Standard equipment to include the following:
* Brass single hilt
* Red, white & blue spacers
* Leather handle
* Duralumin butt cap
...The 4" version comes with a black, basket-weaved, sheath (NHS) & the longer, 4 5/8" sheath is oxblood in color and comes complete with an EZE-Lap diamond sharpening steel, secured on the front sheath panel within a tube pouch! To facilitate all of this nonsense, the sheath's (knife's) keeper strap has been re-disgned to snap, straight vertically.
I'll enclose a few photos as we go along, because those pictures are worth a thousand words. (So I've heard) I should also tell you that, at the RKCC Club Meeting at this year's Blade Show, I introduced The Stanaback, Limited III! This knife is (really) quite basic, with the exception of:
* Nickel silver single hilt
* Duralumin butt cap (radiused)
* Etching: SSP- S/N 1 thru 100
It is only available in the 4 inch version and will not be duplicated...ever again, complete with a COA (upon request). Below is mine, S/N 001...more photos to come...
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris

Attachments
------SSP-LTD III-A.JPG

------SSP-LTD III-B.JPG

------SSP-LTD III-C.JPG

------SSP-LTD III-D.JPG

------SSP-LTD III-E.JPG

------SSP-LTD III-F.JPG

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com