Not many but me would desire such a dog, no matter the stamp. But, when I get an old knife as this, and despite appearances, it slices loosely held paper, and outchops far "better" knives, along with other knives of same design from same folks and others, I gots me a new pal.

Thanks for insight into the hierarchy of desire as to markings, though. Was frankly suprised to see the mark.

I am suprised you continued to collect after the Robisons and 10th Mountain dagger. What is left? Excalibur?

Sorry for paying such little attention to your post details, while I fixated on my new dog, whose name seems to be Rover. Until proven otherwise, will assume Rover either a postwar rehandle, or a shipboard built sailor deck knife. They had the facilities, the sheath seems to never have been used much in a dirty rough environment when younger, all the parkerize is gone, pitting of blade, handle/guard dipped in spar varnish or whatever. To me as a former coastal resident and fisher, says salt air/water damage cutting salty wet rope, netting, etc and countermeasures, given excellent condition of everything not steel. Otherwise, postwar all the way, and put away covered with deer blood.

As for utility, I compared it with my vast collection, which consists of one of my personal Camillus military knives, 2ea early reintro by Kabar/made by Camillus parkerized knives, and my early circa 92 black epoxy Alcas/Cutco made Kabar still in stapled US made sheath.

The Alcas/Cutco (still current maker using import riveted sheaths since early 2000s) is lowest and thickest edged grind, and weighs a full half ounce more, while all the rest, including Rover, weigh 10oz or 10.1oz. After hefting and handling, and chopping with all of them, no doubt at all that Rover has the best handle and blade geometry, by far. Rover will continue to rove, for sure. The rest, not so much.

Edited by Lofty (06/16/18 04:49 PM)