@ Gratefuljed,

I read that your sons probably will make safe queens of there knives. Are they in to big knives? If I would not have any Randall knives and somebody gave me one as a surprise, I would be the happiest with the Smithsonian. That is one impressive knife. 3/8" thick blade steel and 11 inch long blade. You have all kind of options and you could ask your sons what they like, or will that ruin the surprise?

As a close second option (just my opinion) you can buy the 12-9 #14 grind. That is the biggest knife in Stainless Steel that Randall makes. That is also an impressive and beautiful knife. One more option is the more classic Sportsman Bowie, the regular 12-9. I love Randall Bowie knives laugh
You also have two other model 12 big Bowie knives (shown on their site), but I like the ones I mentioned the most. The Smithsonian is the heaviest and widest Bowie that Randall makes.

Watching a mostly gun (but sometimes) a knife reviewer is what got me attracted to Randall knives.Ever since I saw this beast of a knife I wanted one and Captain Chris got me a beatiful piece a few months ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFYSvtMtBpk&t=548s

I have a nephew that I like a lot and some day I will order a Smithsonian for him. He likes knives and guns, but his mother hates them. So when he lives on his own (he is 14 now) I love to see his face when he opens a box and uncle Micha gave him one of the biggest and in my opinion the most beautiful Bowie knives on earth!

A big knife like that will never be forgotten. Every now and then there will be a birthday or something like that. Somebody brings up knives and it will be shown by a proud owner.

Edited by Sphinx3000 (06/16/18 05:52 AM)