I just so happen to be lucky enough to have my own land that I can play around on. Yeah I have been into the outdoors since I could walk. Ever since my old uncle started giving me Knives around age 8 I was hooked. I had a sea bees knife on my hip daily at that age and I didn't abuse it! Later on when I discovered other makers claims like Busse combat etc of toughness that big knives got real popular as well as more of a one tool for every task idea got popular so I played around with a few knives and split some wood and what not.

I only ever dinked the blade once on a Randall and the 28 might have been a fluke.

You see in order to play with toys like guns and knives you need to have a few million dollars in land. I wouldn't have much of a outdoors hobby. The whole Bushcraft thing has gotten big but if you don't have real close access to public lands or own your own you aren't doing anything outdoors.

It's the same thing with guys talking guns. I actually carry my guns I carry my fn scar on my shoulder through tall grass and brush but weekend range guys don't understand things like that.

Originally Posted By: Dirty_Water
The Buxton fighter was designed for this reason...to be a FIGHTER...

I know a local helicopter pilot who cut himself out of a down helicopter TWICE during Vietnam with his Model 18...

I'm glad to hear you'll "probably" be selling your new model 5 because of your decisions in the past of (your words) the abuse you put YOUR knives through... "Your knives" being the key words here, do as you wish with them but quit bitching when they "fail" because of you setting out to see just how much ABUSE they can take before they "fail"...

Frankly speaking here, I for one am not jumping for joy with YOUR return to these forums...