Hard to get more Timberline/Emerson/Hartsfield/SEALish modern art flat chisel ground of 15yrs ago now passé cool.

But, can anyone help with dates of production past circa 2005. I know they made 3 versions, the flat chisel, the Tac 2 conventional bevel, and a Scout version of the Tac 2 partially serrated rear bottom edge and sawtoothed spine. But that is ALL I know about this Museum Of Modern Passé Art display piece.

For any curious as to the knife, advertised, of course, as tactical, but truly every virtue listed had to do with it being a survival knife, even to the pyramid barb top front to retain a fish when knife lashed to pole with the four supplied holes. Never mention as a weapon, but only digging, shelter building, splitting, etc. The barb for sure hurts use for spearing anything larger than a fish, and one must assume they were serious. Personally, I think the tip fragile, but with oversized scales preventing hand contact with freezing metal, the stainless construction, etc, it certainly would work, and I think it pretty cool. Rumors of GSG9 association abound, but if ever true...

They must have had it resheathed and used only for survival emergency. It has THE worst sheath ever made, plastic with cordura sewn to it, both belt loop and toe loop made of bent plastic of entirely inappropriate material and which cracks and falls to pieces.

Edited by Lofty (06/06/18 08:15 PM)