A few lifted images from an excellent history thread found here...
http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/150554-john-ek-commando-knives-1941-1976/

First is of earliest knives before the Ek rollmark, and why I had Greg electro-pencil his mark as a favor to me. And that is a BIG favor when you ask a maker to alter their own mark, and even have the gall to call it their billboard on the side.

As for Greg making one of the others, he already does a couple, maybe the Jungle?, and for most of those, all it likely would take is money. Here is one totally modded by buyer to walnut and heavy duty 3/16ths" stock.

In retrospect, I SHOULD have discussed in detail the grind plunge line to be sweeping, rather than vertical, but was looking for a user with "the look" rather than a forgery. And for all I know, he may have a book showing an earliest with vertical plunge eliminated right off, in hopes of increasing blade strength. Makes no difference, I have been toting it fine all day long, and carries just the same.

PS- to my own plunge line comments, when I think about how I use a knife, the extra edge in back too appreciated to lose, even if Greg offered to trade for a swept grind. And the original swept grind was via a flat lengthwise grind, a V-shaped edge. While Greg's vertical grind a convex razor, and a super knife rather than mostly sticker.

Edited by Lofty (05/26/18 08:53 PM)