Makes me wonder if he will just leave the 1 on further such knives (if any), he ought to, it intentionally fit so well, double purpose. Time will tell. I appreciate the kudos, and also appreciate the posts of originals for which I was hoping.

Yep, Ek kinda set the stage for full width/length tang fighters to come later, complete with the pommel for an upper to the chops, in his imagination. Most civilian knifemakers of the era had very fevered armchair commando ideas of fighters, fighting, and even technique. I believe many of the very first #1s had only the simple blade cover for IWB such as moi uses, Ek thinking a guy would stay armed even if belt removed. Not familiar at all with modern ground combat, and your special friend, Mother Earth if you want to live.

The rivets are also critical to balance of the full tang knife where tang/handle quite a bit shorter than blade, Ek termed it the knife fell into the hand, rather than out of the hand, and an excellent description of fighter balance, which Greg captured. Heck, considering all the other knives out there with "Ek" on them, I was just pleased as punch to get real rock maple and poured lead rivets.

Thanks again for taking a gander at it. In the future, somebody is going to make a fool of themselves with this knife in a public way by calling the owner names for scrawling their name down the side.

Edited by Lofty (05/25/18 09:52 PM)