My thanks for your thanks. My impression of manufacturer/maker forums in general is that 10-15yrs ago there existed intelligent, critically thinking folk, with a broad knowledge base, who accrued a tremendous amount of wisdom, regarding both pros and cons of certain items.

In the time since then, those sites taken over by 13yr old fanboys on their very first knife or gun, whose major pastime is character assassination on facebook or whatever, and who have never read one jot of anything written before them posting.

Making factual and honest comparisons between various newer made things virtually impossible, and finding such information prior to buying to be actually impossible.

Having had to buy most things blind, waste a good amount of money on highly promoted junk, it is only my hope folk know what something actually is, before plonking down their money, and perhaps even know whether to want that particular item. I do not write about junk, but only good stuff, ...but even the best logging boots are not for a stock exchange broker or pizza delivery guy.

Edited by Lofty (05/17/18 04:42 PM)