Thanks Chief! You are absolutely right. The Randall's are a joy to own an admire and also hold their value, that is always a good thing indeed. I was lucky to get this 12-9 #14 grind. My Smithsonian with the Amboyna burl from the Captain should be here any day. Can't wait to see and hold that one.

Last January I ordered another Smithsonian from Nordic Knives. It should be ready by the end of October. I could pick the desert ironwood for it. I love to know upfront the wood or stag that is coming on a knife that I order. To see a piece of wood or stag you like being turned into a beautiful knife handle is something special.
But I don't have to tell you:D I saw that you even buy your own wood and stag, when I was reading some of your posts. You have some outstanding knives!!!

The Smithsonian I ordered will have an ironwood burl handle, nickel silver forward curved double hilt, black and duralumin spacers and a rounded nickel silver butt cap.

The 12-9 #14 is the last for this year. I am starting to become a Randall junkie and my wife also has a few things in the house she wants done. She even encouraged me to buy the last knife (I have a sweet wife :d) so I can't complain. Next year I will be looking for something with musk ox (I find that material amazing) and/or thuya burl.

This is the ironwood burl from Nordic Knives for the Smithsonian:

Attachments
------Irnwood Nordic Knives..jpg

Edited by Sphinx3000 (05/09/18 09:43 AM)