Originally Posted By: Eric
First ones issued to Airborne during WWII had a leather sheath and the blade was dated 1943.

Yep, and none of ours had anything but the fiber sheaths, same as bayonet, and likely not original. But, who knows, nobody cared about old junk handed down from the hoard of Big G to Big G (otherwise known as the supply Sargeant) over the years. We simply would barter for what we wanted for playtime. I still want the guided tour of the museum when it opens. I have an overpowering urge to call in an arty strike on an EE-8 or TA-312/PT from a fwd observation post, of which you likely have one each from each theater of operations...the posts.

Gave my one L-48 to a kid nearly 20yrs ago. He likely still is having fun with it. Think I even gave away my M7 a few years back.

Beautiful collection of classics, like looking around while waiting for the ramp to drop. Best I still have is one of my kabars not all used up, no real expert on what were work tools, but will dig it up while assuming it a typical 60's-70's Camillus, to which I was partial, they broke easier but had wicked points and true slasher edges.

Edited by Lofty (05/01/18 12:30 AM)