Now THAT'S a pocket knife. For pockets in what, I do not know. Perhaps a backpack?

Most length restrictions are rather stupid, anywhere, as by the time one gets to most restricted lengths in most places, nobody wants to carry the things. Giant Al Mar SERE, giant Spyderco Szabo or Catcherman at 4.6"/4.75" respective blade lengths and circa 10.5" open lengths, some of the Cold Steel, some traditional Spanish and Italian blades, they are huge in handle, as long as many sword handles.

Many bolstered designs quite heavy, and make a Buck 110 feel as a lightweight.

I freely admit the Hinderer is about my maximum for a daily driver, and truthfully pleased and suprised it turned out useful.

There have been shorter and stouter than it, and same weight, even. A friend reminded me of his DPx HEST folder with 0.190" thick blade from 5-7yrs ago and I see the DPx V2.0 is on the market, but no idea as to thickness or size (but clips attached to end normally quite weak as my friend found out with original DPx and it fell to parking lot pavement several times when dismounting).

For scale, my personal best as for Olympic power-lifting.

Some call that metal finish "stonewash", Rick simply calls it his working finish, and I call it "delux American padlock", which matches the opening and closing sounds. He made higher finishes but everybody was opting for working finish, and so.....will admit it makes for a no fear finish. The dotted Reeve has yet to cut even string, the blade grind so perfect, and only carried for personal oggling.

PS-- a day later am playing with not really good cell phone camera and trying to push it, clearly not up to job in a couple of shots, ready to delete playtime. But, then, thought someone might be curious as to what one looked like close-up, how knife edge was handled, what edges were where. The finger cut is quite comfy, talking right handed, index crease lays in scallop edge. Rear corner has the titanium side against heel of palm. Separately made parts fit pretty much perfect with any slight mismatch purely from titanium parts being tumbled, while G10 is not. Entire knife an excellent exercise in machine engraving. I DO love precision work.

It may not be rocket science, but it sure is close. And all to make a first responder knife for gloved hands, and carving away car seats and dismembering dashboards. (an two sale two idgits like me)

There is no fuzz on any G10 cut, including lanyard hole which is as clean as any other cut, only light reflections on metal in background and off of G10 high spots on the negative diamond pattern.

Edited by Lofty (04/21/18 12:39 AM)