Well, I have had Cruisers for years and years, from back when even THEY were controversial, always loved them, but always wished they were as short barreled as the mag tube, and got my wish with the guy who sells the Raptor grip.

HE is the super genius who first noted the loophole in the law regarding PG shotguns, cut a Cruiser back, got it ruled legal, installed a LEO barrel/magazine and his grip, sent it in and ruled legal, and Mossberg wondering why the sudden run on their LEO barrel/mag sets, and got in on the action.

When the "inventor" first started posting, I immediately cut my Cruiser back to 26 1/8th" and copied his ATF approval letters, far cheaper than ordering the barrel/mag set and grip...but, when the thing became widespread approved enough that the Shockwave came out for so cheap, I immediately latched onto one. A) it is obviously approved as a factory offering rather than me need run around with a cut barrel and letters from Mossberg that it shipped with PG and ATF letter as to 26" and over is legal with such, and B) the Shockwave works better with extra length in back, rather than front, so more muzzle clearance, plus the Raptor grip does not hammer the web of hand as everyone else's PG aside from the old Remington Witness Protection whippets with shorter knobbed grip.

It is a good gun....better even than a Cruiser.

Edited by Lofty (04/04/18 01:15 PM)