Being that a .45 has 62% more frontal area than a 9mm/.357, which out of shorties are lucky to expand to .45cal at all on impact, not much debate in my mind except can I conceal and control a pocket version of any of them. The only one for me which hits on all cylinders is the little 9mm. Would much prefer a .45, otherwise.

Tbe debates are rather stale today given the dumbing down of the .357 magnum, plus not many carry a 4"-6" version anymore. The old law enforcement .38 Special loads which could do 1400fps and .357 loads topping 1500fps were whole different animals, and truly could drop somebody like lightning. But most all loads today across calibers so equal that debating them is as debating what color is best, red or green, or which is a better carpenter tool, a hammer or a saw.

Late PS- certainly not worth another post, but you know you are maybe too accustomed to carrying guns, when you head out to the car, and must turn around and go back inside, because who goes anywhere without a gun, and once back in bedroom deciding what to take, you realize you had one with you, already. It also says you are maybe getting old.

Edited by Lofty (02/22/18 05:55 PM)