If you have the money, and like playing Barbie with Glocks, ARs, 1911s, 10/22s, Ruger .22 Autos, etc, as those markets show bunches of folk do, the article lists the main points which are true.

It will cut down on recoil and muzzle flip, provide a longer sight radius, give a steadier hold, and it is the grip which pokes out in carry, and not so much the slide, unless the slide causes gun to rise higher in carry above the waistline.

Personally, bone stock is fine with me, as the guns only cost about $125 to make, and already highway robbery, and I see no point in throwing handfuls of money ignored by departing thieves and instead picked up by scavengers. And also my main feeling whether talking Colt and the 1911 and AR, or Glock, the makers know what makes their guns tick better than aftermarket folk, and a bunch of latest gotta haves have always turned out to be pure bunk or even problems after the new wore off.

But, other folk will see a fun way to tinker, and maybe end up with their ideal carry gun.

Edited by Lofty (02/21/18 11:50 PM)