My old faithful NAA Magnum also always somewhere handy, and has been a pal for years and years and years. Actually, as far as horsepower, what you come close to getting is a .22 rifle shooting solids.

Velocity not up to 1200fps (some as low as 1000fps) for expansion of LR, and magnum bullets normally rather tough for higher impact velocity.

So, I choose whatever ammo handy with largest meplat or nose riveting potential.

It certainly will reach the CNS from any angle, and capable of putting someone down instantly with good placement. And, also LOUD and impressive flash, which is all one really needs most times to modify human behavior more to one's own liking.

Once the shooting starts, most everybody goes the other way. We spend a lot of money training soldiers to overcome that instinct, and actually go towards the noise and shooting. It is hard.

Back to the guns, they can be quite accurate and stay that way when only jacketed magnum used. I have seen regular Long Rifle swifty lead a Mini into a smoothbore with keyholing bullets of such low velocity from sideways flight that they bounced off a 1" diameter limb at only 10ft distance and came back and whacked the shooter in the collar bone. It hurt.

Cut to the chase, the standard length bbl MiniMag is no 6" revolver about equalling a .38" Spl. It is more a pocket .22 rifle shooting standard velocity ammo. Deadly, but no spectacular havoc wreaker.

Edited by Lofty (02/14/18 02:19 PM)