My experience is mainly with the G36, G17, and G43. The full sized gun started to suffer in reliability when they flaired the port, and angled the extractor top corner.

That is only a visual cue, along with the LCI, where perhaps the mass of the exterior bump had to be balanced by shortening, and, more importantly, the extractor went from a substantial hook, to a shorter, less substantial, and dulled edges hook, and a MIM part from cast.

Swapping to the longer straight extractor, along with associated spring plunger plastic bits normally has any 9mm ticking they way they did, and should. You would think it would, what, ruin the looks, or something? But, unless you KNEW what one was supposed to look like or had two otherwise identical guns side by side, nobody would ever notice it. Mine had anemic extraction until the extractor swap, and now it is a manly man operating cycle and no longer wimps them towards the shooter's face.

A highly recommended "mod" of swapping one OEM part for another. The old extractors widely available, for now, so long as Glock still forced to support older gun contracts, which will expire soon, so get'm while the gettin's good. A colorized gun owner will have cosmetic challenges, for sure.

Glock addressed the problem, and not satisfactorily for many owners, by lengthening the ejector to try to make up for the extractor. Why? I dunno, but suspect the cheap stamped longer part a lot cheaper than a bunch of new MIM molds, perhaps changes in slide to match what was needed, etc. They invested heavily in the changes.

Edited by Lofty (02/02/18 10:40 PM)