Wayne,

When I first got mine, my daddy took a look at it and asked to borrow it to shoot crows and jaybirds that were stealing pecans out of the big pecan trees in his yard.

Since it was much quieter than his 12 guage, it did not scare the others away so bad and he had much success “thinning” the crows and jaybirds. Mama liked it since it didn’t make her jump ever time he shot. He also collected a steady supply of cat squirrels.

I was coaching football at the time and we had suffered a painful loss in the playoffs. I brought my wife & kids back “home” that next weekend. Daddy, my uncle, and a couple of the other kinfolks had made a big 2966 squirrel stew. It really hit the spot.

I remember Daddy bragging to my wife how much he really liked that Silver Streak. On our drive back on Sunday, my wife noted that she knew what to get Daddy for Christmas. And I told her that if I was ever gonna get mine back, she better get him one!

She did and he enjoyed that gun for the next 20 or so years until he died. Mama still has it and it stays in the closet next to the porch, handy for crows, jaybirds, and cat squirrels.

Edited by coachblalock (01/06/18 12:01 PM)