I think this topic is interesting and I also think it's being discussed in the wrong thread. It should have a thread of it's own.
Back on topic: I agree with Warren as one worthy candidate is the GTR! Model #10's a great and I carry one quite often..."BUT"...(Here it comes)...your hand will cramp up using one for any extended period of time. GTR: Not so much. The #21 was also mentioned and almost identical in size but a much more singular-usage blade design, i.e. "skinner"!
The Model #27, Minis, as was mentioned is a killer EDC also. You have to ask yourself, not only "what" but "why". What you carry should be predicated on "why" am I using this knife...the majority of the time.
As Rod suggested, a small camp & trail (3/16" stock and a 4" blade) is a perfect "all-around" blade shape...and choice. A trout & bird is almost identical in size and weight but limited, by legalities, in many states due to the top edge being sharpened!
To the original poster, thanks for your question and apologies for "forum-sidetrack" which often happens. I would be interested as to your "intent" for this knife. It would make my (and others) suggestions more minimalized and user-specific.
Great topic: I have over 3 dozen Randall knives that I actually "use" and often.
Stay sharp, Capt. Chris
Model #27 "Mini":

Attachments
------#27-MINI 005.jpg

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com