Originally Posted By: Sphinx3000
I think you will like it. In the summer we have mostly nice weather with sometimes a little bit of rain. We have a flat country and lots of canals. We also have lots of beautiful old buildings and windmils.

Tourists also like to visit "De Keukenhof" where all kinds of Tulips grow. I never been there, haha. We are below sealevel and made a part of my land of a piece of the ocean. There is a saying that God created the world and we The Netherlands. People like my grandfather used to walk on wooden shoes and some people stil do, (maybey 1% of the people). We are also famous for cheese making.

Prostitution is legal and so is weed wich atracts a lot of young people. When you visit the redlight district located almost in the center of Amsterdam, you think you are in a madhouse Lots of drunk and crazy people alongside with normal folks doing there shopping. I live in the north where things are much more calm. Not so many people and more space. If you want some tips for your holiday you can always PM me.

@ RamKingJC thanks for the advice!

Sphinx

Welcome to the Forums.

I have been in your country 3 times. I have even been to De Keukenhof, so I am one up on you.

My wife and I love your country. Amsterdam is very easy to get around in, walking. The people are friendly and we always felt safe. Walking through the red light district is something everyone should do. Yes, I may have left my nose print on some of the windows from ogling, but hey, that is just another life experience.

Did some biking, got some wooden shoes, drove across the Zeider Zee (sp), took in Arnhem, Utrecht and the Hague. It is weird to be driving on a road and look to one side and see a ship ABOVE you! Loved it all.
Whether you think you can or can not, you are right.