While I understand that beauty is often in the eye of the beholder, I have never seen a RMK that I would consider mundane or quotidian.

A particular knife may not push all the buttons for me, but I admire them all, from the "base model" with a leather handle that's used and faithfully serves its owner year after year, to the engraved or scrimshawed ivory handled beauty that hangs on the wall or sits in a safe.

Consider the elegance (and brilliance) of design, the artistry and skill of the forging (and grinding), and the superb quality of the craftsmanship of the fit and finish...all of these factors elevate any RMKs to a functional work of art, a thing of beauty, and a damned-fine tool!

I carry a micarta handle Model 19 in my briefcase every day (as well as on my hip for hikes and camping trips; thanks Tune!), and while it shows some signs of use, it remains beautiful in both form and function. It never ceases to draw attention when used at the campsite. Many fellow campers have asked me, "Is that a Randall?" and when I tell them yes, "Can I see it? (or, more often( "Can I hold it?"

Fregis, sorry, but I have to disagree with you here. Such a thing of beauty as an RMK can never be mundane.

Bob
RKCC #622