"surely to garner some sales with the mystical name particularly if they are being pushed"
Joe, I certainly cannot speak for anyone else but anybody who knows me or has dealt with me would know I'm the "last" one to "push" anything...(Just in case that reference was meant for me...& I am the only one "selling RMKs" on this thread, that would be in that position).
I'll tell you this much. Some military personnel being sent to the sand have asked me what the 3 knives the Randall shop had to offer with a shorter waiting time. When I told them the 3 choices, nobody...and I mean "Nobody" chose anything else "except" the Special Fighter, but that was probably because the mystical name garnered the sale...not the fact that they got more...much more for their hard-earned dollar!
I have always known you didn't like the Special Fighter Joe. You even stated so in one of your comments on this thread. Nobody is going to win a prize on this topic and everybody's opinion counts. Let's agree that ours differ..."&"...I like all friggin' "3" of them!
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: Just to prove I like "some" of the same thing Joe does, here's a couple of matching #16's from my "STASH"...CCS

Attachments
------Captain Chris' Stash-#16's-Jade Canvas-A.JPG

------Captain Chris' Stash-#16's-Jade Canvas-E.JPG

------Captain Chris' Stash-#16's-Jade Canvas-D.JPG

RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com