OK Crew,
Due to Dr's restrictions and other $..t going on right now, I'm land-locked until the end of next week!
Can we decide on spacers for this knife? If we do not use a butt cap (or even if we do) aluminum spacers (with either red or black fiber insulators) are a good choice.
A nickel silver smooth collar is also in the running and there will be no coloration variances from the NS hilt. It is, however much more expensive as an option: $20.00 for Alum. verses $65.00 for a nickel silver collar.
I know a portion of our crew likes all black spacers and that (or red, white & blue spacers) is a "no charge" option as well! Just something else to discuss.
I, in no way, want to influence the vote..."&"...as ya'll have heard from me way too many times: "I don't care what we build"! ................"BUT".............(Guess I'm not as sick as I let on (Good Tombstone quote)......please ask yourself this question. "Is this knife going to be used or coveted"?
My guess is this knife will not be a user. 5 options is our limit. Do you want fiber spacers, affording a butt cap (also covering up and reducing the amount of bog oak used) or do you want metal spacers, of some sort, and leave the butt alone?
All good points and your responses and eventual votes will determine the outcome. Let's take the weekend to "air our point of view"...ROLL CALL VOTE will come Monday Night, just before my buddy Hank, Jr. sings!!
Talk it over,
Capt. Chris
PS: We still have "other" issues/options to discuss (handle shape, etc.)...CCS

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (09/23/17 01:29 PM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com