Gents,

Thanks for the compliments. So there's the story I just remembered...

I was down in Tulsa about 4 years ago, stopped to talk to a guy behind his table with some RMK's for sale. I was just walking isles incognito, he didn't know who I was or anything. An early 11 caught my eye, so I asked him "hey, what'll you take for that one?" He says he's firm on price and that the knife was 'all original'. I said, "eh, looks like it's been shop cleaned to me"... trying to yank his chain a little and get him down on price. (it was a killer model 11!)

So he says..."well, I bought that knife from a guy named Miles in California and he said the finish was legit and original. Both of you can't be right."

Naturally, my butt puckered up a bit at hearing him mention my name, it took everything I had not to bust up laughing.

So my buddy I was walking isles with overheard the whole thing, looked over my shoulder and asked the seller "do you mean Miles Welze... that Miles?".

Reply: "yes, that's the guy"

My buddy's reply: "yeah, that Miles... he's a real asshole".... shakes his head...then he walks off down the isle.

Needless to say, I made him buy dinner that night.
Miles Welze -- RKS #5063
www.mileswelze.com
www.consignmentknives.com
Mad Dog Knives, USA Exclusive Dealer