It really was a great Open Championship,many great performances,a record breaking 62 in the third round,lots of drama,really enjoyed watching it.I have played Royal Birkdale several times,the tees the pros are playing from are so much further back,the fairways so much narrower and the rough so much deeper for the Open its really not the same golf course,plus par for the pros is lower,70 round that track is tough.
Is Jordan Spieth the next great one,no,he is one of the great ones but I don't think there will be one dominant player,so many fantastic players have emerged from Tigers shadow,Rory,Dustin,Hideki,Justin Thomas to name a fraction of the talent out there.I think the game is better for all when any player who can make the cut has a chance of winning,I Think Jordan Speith will go on to win more majors,will he match Tigers tally,probably not,will he get to Jacks definately not,I believe we are about to enter one of the most entertaining eras of major championship golf,roll on the USPGA.