My meager Randall collection has been reduced somewhat as of late because I have given away three of my knives (A model 5, 14 and 16) to my kids. To fill the void, I have ordered two more from the Capt. (A Model 15 and a 26) which I am hoping to get fairly soon. So I figured I was set for a while…..

Alas, I can never say never when it comes to acquiring knives (Randalls or otherwise). While perusing the Model 15 Knife of the week thread (yet again!), I kept getting drawn back to a knife that member “tomthbomb” has posted of his Model 15 with the CDT, leather handle, double brass hilt with the duralumin butt cap.

I am not sure why, but this particular knife calls to me. It just so happened that Buxton Knives has had this exact knife in their inventory for a couple of months. So, in a moment of weakness, I brought that one home. I guess I needed at least one Randall “Fighter” in my collection!

The Model 15 arrived today and it is a beauty! I can’t believe how great it feels in the hand. Very nicely balanced. I can see this one getting thrown into the “Outback” carry rotation. This Model 15 does not have the wrist thong hole, so I contacted the Randall shop and they will take a look at it and see if a wrist thong can be installed.

Edited by mic214 (07/13/17 08:43 PM)