Absolutely, as for vibration, but on an 8"-9" blade, vibration mainly a thing of thickness, personally want something stouter than an 8" machete...

Thanks for the link. The differences between leuku can be at least as different than other names such as huggare, but am mainly talking AND speaking Suomi style and and the Lap/Sami of that area, and what THEY decided through time was the most perfect, versatile, and functional knife for them. Pasi does a very good version of such.

Even the leather covered wood, or bare solid wood with leather throat, is something authentic, but for their area. In tribes/clans where trees rarer, it would be antler, louder and heavier.

Personally very much like this particular style as done by Pasi, most knife handles far too fat, the flat prevents twisting even with heavy mittens, and the heft just about perfect for my tastes. Would not care for lighter machete feel, and much heavier would simply be too heavy and sluggish out front.

Good knife and tied for top with a couple of others for favorite larger knife. Much of that being simply trust, as the blade/tang virtually unbreakable in 80crV2, and a very sealed/glued/drive-fit water resistant handle, and edging/tip suprisingly versatile.

Would say, "oh how I wish I had bought one in younger military days", but, as with the USA rediscovering finest forged blades and trying to save history starting circa 1970, same thing and nearly same time happened in Finland in saving dying native art forms. So, it really has not matured until the last few decades as myths discarded and surviving original craftsmen and old wares interviewed and studied.

I am still chuckling over Pasi's idea that this leuku does not have much of a real point.

Edited by Lofty (06/18/17 03:41 PM)