I have only seen Strömeng of Norway as for factory, they vary in thickness of 0.110"-0.117 depending on length/style. If the factory Roselli does not please, such as too much vibration from too thin, you might look at the other. But, for all I know, the Roselli is heavier. Heavy has its cost, but vibration at impact is not one of them, and why I went the handmade.

PS-just checked Roselli thickness, and it is comparable to Pasi's, so should have no buzz from that knife, and Ragnar quoted a similar sheathed weight of nearly 1lb. And, if steel is same as other knives from his shop, it would be tough Krupp W75 at good hardness of upper 50s Rc.

If I have a complaint as to many modern versions of leuku, it would be loss of rhomboid to blade, and loss of point of tip. They make fine modern camp tools, but have lost some of the multipurpose aspects such as large hunting/butchering knife, or ability to do finer carving. However, if butchering elk/moose/reindeer not on the camp menu, and not building traps and shelters, does anyone really care?

Edited by Lofty (06/17/17 11:31 AM)