Again, I love to do the fyi posts for less well known folk both here and overseas. Glad some folks enjoy them.

I neglected to mention that on the leuku, after tang drawn down on pommel, Pasi adds two coarse thread matching material screws to either side of peened tang, and then cuts off the heads and polishes with pommel.

As for some idea of how compressed his handles, the thin black lines on my above knife, between brass and wood, are compressed leather spacers. Everything also glued. Rock solid.

As he likes to opine, he makes knives that work, and does not make microscope-proof knives.

Antler pommels and ferrules persisted for 2000yrs after metal available, for a reason. When 65 below zero and one must briefly use the knife with bare hand, or knife used immediately upon entering shelter with same bare hand, metal is a very bad idea.

As for the arctic birch wood or stacked bark, both are very waxy weather resistant materials, the cabin birch logs laid atop stripped bark sheets as a natural ground sheet moisture barrier, and lasting generations.

Edited by Lofty (06/10/17 08:22 PM)