Most Americans push-cut, and so the small slick wooden spool handles quite dangerous for them.

I do not know if you have ever sectioned a modern Mora wood handle, but the hole in wood is drilled large, and only actual support to blade is the thin stamped ferrule. A wonder they hold up as well as they do, and they do hold up to a lot of abuse.

The review is interesting, had seen them before, they test also by chopping nails etc, but most models on those tests are no longer available in western Europe or the UK or the USA.

The Finman is one I miss, gave my last one to some kid, and only vendor who has any whom I can find is in Germany, where I would pay $30 shipping for a $9 knife.

They all do so well due to common steel supplies, and Mora the best of the lot for heat treat, them also doing so for other companies.

As for the Garberg, as mentioned previous, I bought because I said I would. But, also, even though it was known already that it would not be as good an actual cutter as the thinner knives, part of the purchase was in knowing it would be probably THE most unbreakable knife owned, absolutely failsafe and weatherproof. It still sits mainly at home unless environment simply horrid.

Edited by Lofty (05/21/17 04:30 PM)