Did you get the plain carbon steel or the stainless?

Both are fine steels, but the carbon is taken to 59-60Rc while the stainless i think is 57-58Rc. The ranges are mine and not theirs....they use extremely clean, very consistant steel, and their automated heat treat is super consistant, which is why you get a super tough trustworthy knife, every time you grab one from a hardware/convenience store cardboard countertop display.

The stainless is Sandvik 12C27, the plain carbon Bohler Uddeholm C100, both very very fine grained steel which appears as if salt and pepper mixed together under electron microscope....no chunks, no clumps.

For daily cutting chores, i still recommend the smaller/thinner such as these Basic 511s or the red handled carbon Clipper (NOT Clipper Companion/Companion, as its successor known). Guaranteed they will end up your go-to knives for cutting over the thicker.

A trait they had since plastic handles came out, and a trait somewhat muddied by the military black/green models and the neon colored models, is the handle color showing the steel used. If the handle is red, it is plain carbon, and if blue, it is stainless.....ignore the overlays on the new worker knives, whether black or grey, and go by the base handle color underneath. I seem to recall the video test knife was red with grey overlay, rather than blue, but do not recall for sure.

Edited by Lofty (05/20/17 01:40 PM)