I received the re-handled Randall in the mail today from Behring Made Knives. Thank you again to Warren for his generous donation of a piece of fossilized walrus ivory. It really made this knife. Through communications with Grant at BMK, me sending him photos of handle shapes, spacer sizes and colors, and ideas of what is practical to do, we agreed on the build. James then ground off the old handle and hilt and built this lovely knife.
My goal was to have a simple design, showing off the quality of the ivory. I thought copper and black in simple even sized spacers, would be be appropriate. I requested a crows beak shaped handle, with a coke bottle swell to the middle of it. They accomplished that perfectly. The guard was to be copper to match the spacers. The shape and size was James' doing, dictated by the handle contour and diameter, and it feels great in hand. It is slightly handle heavy, with the balance point just back of the forefinger. The ivory has a smooth, dense feel to it.
For the sheath I wanted it simple again, no embellishments, fringe, brass, or carving. I requested a high quality black leather Warlander pouch sheath, with copper rivets, to compliment the knife colors. It fits snugly inside, and is stamped on the back with both makers' marks.
I think BMK took a Randall blade that had a dark history, and made it into a one of a kind masterpiece. Thanks to all. What do you think?

Attachments
------IMG_3212.jpg

------IMG_3207.jpg

------IMG_3208.jpg

------IMG_3209.jpg

------IMG_3210.jpg

------IMG_3211.jpg