Just for informational purposes, for those unfamiliar with the shop, it is a three man operation, Rudy's son-in-law Vic coming aboard 1964, and Rudy's grandsons Mark (1976) and Mike (1984). It never had more (in the late 1970s/early 1980s), in addition to those three, than Vic's other boy, Matt, and grandson from a son, Dave, working there for any amount of time, as far as I know.

Vic is now about 80, and who decades back left a solid phone company job because he wanted to keep his young family out of large dangerous cities, loved hunting/fishing/floating the rivers (passed on to his sons), and admired his father-in-law working with hands, is back to enjoying sheath making, rather than playing "the best hammer man I have ever seen," as Rudy said late in life.

Mark is circa 59, married/childless, and has been the blade man for decades, and Mike in his early 50s has a daughter in mid-teens, and a son of near 10yrs old, and does the handles and books (he left MBA job offers to work the shop).

What I am getting at, is that this seems an end of an era is approaching. Only time will tell.

Edited by Lofty (05/12/17 12:40 AM)