I appreciate the compliment on the finest of backgrounds, I should say I am selling add space and get a commission from the bulletin company, as well as throw fuel on fire of subtle attempts at mind control.

Thanks also for compliments on the knife, mainly posting these for educational purposes for those as ignorant as I was in buying. I mainly bought as a rugged tool per their own mindset, and was suprised how much nicer they are, today. My only previous experience being with old smokie as a daily utility knife.

Still waiting for handling cobweb scratches to finally equalling just using the darned thing, as I hated the new car scratch syndrome on this one. Which is rare with me, and I need to see a shrink about that.

As John Taffin once posted on a query as to whether to use a new in box collectible gun, "Who are you saving it for?", is normally my motto.

PS-OK. After writing that, I could not stand it. Immediately commenced carving on some clean dry hardwood deadfall. Again, it handled that pretty much as an old 5-6. Really more set up as for edging as a skinner, anyhow. But handled the hardwood and small knots with no problem at all.

Proof positive that it is still a Ruana. A tool. I could groove to these handles on my kitchen knives.

Edited by Lofty (05/08/17 03:19 PM)