I can see that now, in mind's eye.....what a great thing, your hard earned dollars on a good knife for knife work, how.....radical. I am suprised you did not add that a few smarter folk brought granny's thin old butcher knife.

The 14B as obvious has not yet been used to cut even a string...well, I sliced paper one cut and removed hair just once, when it arrived. One of two knives owned which have yet to be used. Just a gorgeous finish which nearly appears hand sanded, but is not. But it is obvious from the first fingerprint ridge it grabs and removes that it is a heck of a butcher knife.

Old smokie is another matter, a hard used pocket butcher knife, and the original neck knife. I think about all the trendy large blade/small handle small knives on market, and none are half the real knife of the 10B.

Would like to add a close-up of the 14B finish, but it seems postimage has crashed today, but maybe it will be back up soon enough to add the photo to this post.

Thanks again for all the insight and experience, Pappy.

ahh...here we go, site back up. What's not to like?

Sneaking in one more the next day, purely for those wondering as to more details on knife design.

Edited by Lofty (05/07/17 07:54 PM)