I recently bought a small collection of air rifles and pistols,the 'aim'
was to sell on the 4 rifles to have the two pistols stand me at nothing.
Three of the rifles where superb quality German springers a Diana model 34 deluxe,Diana model 48 and a Weihrauch HW97KT,the final rifle was a Hatsan 1000s (cheap,cheerful and powerful) all the rifles where sold quickly and the Webley Tempest centennial and Air Force Co2 pistol became my 'profit' all good news,until I started shooting them !
It was such a hoot,took me back to when I was a kid,one of the rifles went to my best shooting buddy,he was grinning like a kid also.
So here we are a month later both have laid out serious chunks of cash and each bought ourselves brand new Weihrauch HW100 KT .22 PCP rifles,new scopes and a cylinder charging system.,what started out as a plan to get a couple of pistols for nothing has ended up costing us both thousands,but I couldn't be happier smile
These modern pneumatic rifles are amazing,one hole groups out to 35 yards,silent as a mouses fart and absolutely no recoil,I can shoot in my garden and the neighbours are none the wiser (important in the UK where anything gun related can cause hysteria) and if you are so inclined they are easy to customise,both in terms of performance (though how they can be improved is beyond me) and if you want to bling them up.
Air gun shooting is one of the few areas of shooting that still has easy access to all in the UK,although Scotland has just gone down the route of introducing airgun licensing !!
I am so pleased to have inadvertently rekindled a passion for a shooting sport I probably would not have returned to,but my goodness how the technology has moved on from my days out with my BSA Meteor back in the 70's.