I used the link that Tony provided early in this thread and made that field expedient light tent - it's actually not bad. I'm no shutterbug but at least the photos I have now are better than the earlier ones so I'll call it improvement..

The instructions are pretty easy, I put it together in about 30 minutes and mostly used materials on hand. I bought the fabric and different colored cardboard sheets so I'm out $4.75 on the whole setup. I had the clamp on light already (3 way 30-70-100W cool white bulb)and used the tripod off one of my spotting scopes for the camera.
The box I used was a 16x16 and it works ok for up to 8" blades - anything longer than that and you'll need a bigger box.

The camera is just a point/shoot Nikon 14 mega pixel set on ISO 100 / Auto white balance / flash off / 2 second timer (I honestly don't know what the rest of that stuff on the menu means).

Here are a couple photos of the rig and photos I have taken with it. For guys like me that don't take a lot of photos it's not a bad setup - not as good as the pros on here but it works. I still need to play with the lighting some more and try some different backgrounds. The best part is that's it's very portable, the small box just goes in the closet on the shelf and it's done.

Attachments
------photo rig.JPG

------photo rig.b.JPG

------photo rig.c.JPG

------DSCN5220.JPG

------photo rig.d.JPG