I am not "back" and 100% "up to speed" but the eye surgery and follow-up is optimistic. I only asked for a general idea of our choices. "Nothing" has been finalized.
Having said that, a single hilt #15 or #1 would be good choices. I have used smaller, lighter knives at my hunting camp for various chores, to include a #7, with #6 grind (same as a #6, steak knife). It worked admirably well "BUT" (I know) I never used it for heavy work and don't think it would perform as well as some of our other choices.
Ya'll should know by now that I don't care what we build. I think we need to narrow the field, however and suggest this:
How about a "ROLL CALL VOTE"?? Vote for one and one only!
A) Modified Model #1
B) " " #15
C) " Combat Companion
D) Randall Model #5
E) Other
If we decide on a Combat Companion it would be the standard version, i.e. 1/4 inch stock. A vote for a #15 does not mean CDT or exposed, full tang construction. "Both" are still to be considered as either will work just fine.
We have built Model #5's and Combat Companions before, not that I care...just a mention for consideration. "Other" does not mean we would be limited to any particular model. It only means you want to extend the search for this titled build.
Hope this all makes sense and thanks, in advance, for your responses. Please feel free to plea your case and photos help others to visualize what you have in mind. That means, in other words, get ready to see multiple posts from Chief & Warren with #19 photos.....
////to be continued...
Best, Capt. Chris

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (03/03/17 07:43 AM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com