How did we end up voting to build a "Camping Companion" knife, yet 3 of the 4 choices currently being discussed (1,15,Combat Companion) are based upon fighting/combat knives?

While a single hilt 1 or 15 or CC would make for an interesting (and pretty bad-ass) design, I'm not sure I see it comparing favorable with a Model 5 for camping/trail chores and all-round versatility. While I understand that the chances of this knife ever being used in the field may be slim, is our primary consideration to be appearance or utility? If the latter, in my opinion, it's really hard to improve on the Model 5 as a camping knife (though I've used, and also like, the Model 28 as an all-round camping knife).

Out of our 4 choices, given its overall utility and versatility, I'm in favor of basing the build on a Model 5.

If we're looking to design something radically different, how about a design based on a Model 6 steak knife? Not sure if there are any option restrictions on a Model 6 design, but I'd venture it's not been done in prior builds, and the end result would probably be a unique knife. On the compact side, yes, but only 1/2" shorter than a CC and the overall blade profile (at least in photos as I don't own one) looks like it would make for a good 'jack of all trades' knife.

Just a thought...
RKCC #622