Originally Posted By: LarryWW1246
Capt. Chris and Peter--

I too liked the Model 15 single hilt nominee. Normally that blade is a bit heavy (thick) and the grind line is too low to appeal to me for things like kitchen duty.

What if...that Model 15 blade could be flat-ground up to the spine (similar to the Nordic Knives Special), or would it work to give it the "4-6" treatment? That would still give a robust blade, in a package that is not too long/bulky to wear anywhere outdoors, and with a cross-section that should work well in slicing chops, veggies, etc.

Larry

Larry, your right about the blade being very thick and doesn't do the fine work as well as others, however, as a camp knife it does have some pros. very rugged knife and will do the camp work fine. I want address the #6 grind as mentioned in other post, just because I hate that grind.

the standard 15 grind is very versatile and there are other grinds that work well on the 15.

Attachments
------IMG_0862.JPG

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

RKCC #502