Several months ago I had an idea to create something special for my upcoming 60th Birthday. I had already acquired a new Randall Thorp and a really unique FWI artifact tip. About the same time there was a brass back bowie thread discussion including a few back club articles about Bo's first bowies. You can read more here but this is what sparked the idea:
http://www.randallmadeknife.com/2010-september/

So I called Grant and said "I have an idea for an 'inner-hilt' re-handle on a Randall Thorp". "Send it" was the reply.
So we got Mudbone involved too; told him I wanted the knife rendered on the sheath.
So here it is folks, an absolute stunner. The guys at BMK went above and beyond. Everything about this knife is flawless. They just keep moving it up a notch.
I couldn't be more pleased to open that package and see the results.
As for the sheath. Mud used British tanned hides which are free from barbed wire damage. He calls it the most perfect leather you can use all from his stash. Oh and check out the Eagle reverse side, not to forget his wife Theresa who made the beaded flag slide.
To everyone at Behring Made and Mudbone, THANK YOU guys for making my 60th a happy one. smile

Attachments
------DSC_0317.JPG

------DSC_0316.JPG

------DSC_0312.JPG

------DSC_0313.JPG

------DSC_0318.JPG