Ok, Thought I had some old ones that I had cut off, but the must have gotten tossed. I could have scanned those..oh well.

I hope JT you got some good “Ladigo” leather. Stuff that is tuff as nails and wont tear when you pull it…cuz you need to pull the hell out of it.

Cut a strip about ½ to 3/8” wide..and about twice as long as you think you want it. Cut points on each end. Really tapered points make it much easier. Then, get the leather wet…with HOT water. This breaks down the leather’s stiffness and the as it dries it tights up.

Take the point then run it through the hole of the knife…once it has come through grab it with a pair of pliers…I use lineman pliers.. And yes water will squeeze out of your leather and all over your knife…oh well, they should be able to get a little wet.

So now you have two equal ends sticking out of either side of your knife…I make sure the slick side is out…Get a hole punch, the kind that are like pliers. Depending on which side you want the braid to face punch a ¼” hole or smaller. I do it really close to the knife. Then on the other side move away, down ¼” or so and punch another hole..alternating back and forth. I only do 3 holes on each side. Pull the leather through, alternating through each hole. I pull them tight! Then cut the points off and cut the V’s. As it dries it will become stiff, which is ok. Put some lemon oil on the Bone or Stag and leather too..With the short leather thing on there you can easy find the knife in your back pocket…the more you use it the more patina it gets…here is one of mine up close and personal.

Attachments
15010-tail.jpg (335 downloads)