Ok guys…you asked and I will deliver, but first this is my opinion…never want to hurt new makers feelings so don’t take it that way.

The leather thong I make..I did not come up with, Bob Loveless did, so I need to give credit where it is deserved, and he deserves it. He said it was intended to find the knife in adverse conditions…like in the dark when you need to stab a bad guy. I saw my first on a Battle Knife he made, a life changing experience. I would not want to have this knife thrust’d in my gut.

Since that time I have figured out that these leather things really only work well…short, tight, and on a Back Pocket knife.

Kerry’s knife looks good in the picture (well done by the way), but I would not want to be running through the bush with that bouncing all over the place like my daughters pony tail. With the bead on the end the added weight would make it even worse. I also think with it that long it would get snagged on something and there goes your knife. What I found is that nylon rope (like what comes on a Randall) works much better. When you have the knife on your side you run the rope through your belt loop and the over the end of the knife. This will not let the knife leave you in any condition. More on the subject soon.

Attachments
15008-rope.jpg (315 downloads)