With regard to the Randalls built on the Randall Main Forum...I have said it before and will say it now: "I don't care what we build". In the past, there has never been a discussion about a special blade etching. Let me give you a splendid example of why I don't care for it on this (Behring) particular build.
Many here remember the old RKS (Randall Knife Society). The RKS offered 5 "club" knives with all of them being serial numbered and etched at the Randall shop. Sounds nice...right? Well: The first couple (Later the Combat Companion & Denmark Special) simply had a serial number. The club knives thereafter had a serial number, with the #'s being drawn and randomly sent out...(+)...the club members RKS number! (Huh?) It was the worst decision (In my...and only my opinion) Rhett ever made. I think it has created more confusion, especially in the secondary market, than no number at all. Etching something (or stamping, in the case of this Behring build) "KTF-BMK". etc. will be confusing a few years down the road as well.
Again: Just my opinion and, thank God, I am only one voice on this vote. I tell everyone on the Randall forum builds to vote..."AND"...argue their case. That's what I am doing...I think. I would be proud to own this Mission knife,,,"BUT",,,(Ahh: There, I got that word in),,,I would prefer no confusing (or not) extra blade stamps.
Best, Capt. Chris
PS: Below is an example of an RKS "3rd" edition club knife (Later to become the Trailblazer) with it's "serial number"??
CCS

Attachments
------RKS III-07,2011 003.jpg

------RKS III-07,2011 004.jpg

------RKS III-07,2011 006.jpg

Edited by Captain Chris Stanaback (10/18/16 09:08 AM)
RKS #016
NRA Lifetime Member
CAPTSTANABACK@aol.com