A. Yes.

I agree with Scott's suggestion as to the stamping/etching (KTFBM01).

This is an interesting discussion so far. Having cast my "yes" vote, in an effort to understand the 'flip side of the coin' I'd like to pose a general question to those "no" voters who have built a knife here previously...

I've only been involved in the last two RMK builds (including the current one). There was no special etching or marking on those knives or sheaths (at least so far as the current build continues). Have ANY of the RMK builds here on KTF had a special blade etching (or other marking) commemorating its origin here? If not, why not? Was a conscious decision made not to do so, or was it a matter of the builders/designers/ voters not wanting to use 1/5 options on a blade etch, or was there some other reason? If the reason is lack of available options, do you think that a blade etch would have been adopted if an option to do so had been available at the end of the RMK build?

There doesn't seem to be a general aversion to blade etchings on RMKs given the etching of various dealer specials, limited editions and other numbered edition knives.

If the concern is that doing so will make this build something different from the prior builds, well...it is. That's not to say it's better, or cooler, or more special, or more desirable, than other builds...just different.

The reality is that many of the 'rules' that apply to an RMK build (available blade designs, handle materials, handle configurations, spacers, guard/cap materials, total number of options, sheath choices, etc.) pretty much do NOT apply here. With this build, it seems that the only restrictions are our imaginations and what Grant and James are willing to build (or put up with from us).

I am not always a fan of 'numbered' editions, but this IS the first BMK KTF build and I believe that it should be memorialized in some fashion.

Sorry for the rambling, but it's fairly late after an long day. I'd appreciate hearing your thoughts.

Thanks.

Bob
RKCC #622