For those who would like to know--

I just received my retrieved data back from the outfit that was recovering it from a failed hard drive....

I found the copy of my records about Pete Hamilton's research on the Bowie-clip Model 18 handle knife that I have. Here is the text of the note that I made for my records:

"Saturday, June 4, 2005, conversation with Pete Hamilton at the Blade Show in Atlanta:

1. Pete examined this knife and confirmed that it is a Randall knife, taking into account the marking, the welding, the tang and the way it was filled with what he called fiberglass inside the tubular stainless steel handle.
2. Pete estimated the knife was made in the 1983 to 1984 period at about the time they started offering the knurling on the stainless steel handle.
3. He said he had gone back through his shop records and located 5 Model 14’s that had been made with the Model 18 handle. He said that if more were made, that he was sure the total count would have been less than 10 Model 14’s would have been fitted with the Model 18 handle. The ones he saw in the records were made for Jack Crider."

Hope that helps anyone who happens to come across one of these.

Larry

Edited by LarryWW1246 (09/07/16 08:03 PM)
ABKA #046
RKS #1246