Quote...
IF you read Gaddis, he clearly states the Zach knives ordered were stag. I don't believe the three additional were in the same configuration as Mitchell's knife. Two were ordered in November of 42 (when the switch to leather was finalized) with the last ordered in January 43. These stag knives had handles similar as pictured in Gaddis page 67 but with crown.

Neither myself or Mitchell think Bo made more than a handful of his type of knife. I don't think maybe half a dozen. As I have stated, they were not the best for utilitarian use because of the upside down handle with grips. Also, the labor involved shaping the hilt was prohibitive versus a conventional hilt I would think. ...end quote

Joe, I think I understand your explanation now, Mitchells knife is the closest thing to Lt. Zacharias' knife known. Lt. Zacharias placed orders for three more, after changes had been implemented that rule out "duplicating" Zacharias' personal knife.
Since Mitchell's knife is sooo close to a copy of Lt. Zacharias', it stands to reason that it was made closest to the same time period. The biggest differences, no fuller in Mitchell's blade, and it's not crown stag.
So, it's possible the "Zach" and Mitchell's knife are brothers? Perhaps even made the same day, or a day or two apart? It's even conceivable that these are the only 2 of thier kind. They are the only two known with initials of their style in the butt. Maybe. The pictured knife, photo # 49, on page 67 of Gaddis, could it be... more initials?