My old friend Roger Whorley stopped by my booth and showed me his Nam 14 carried by a jet pilot buddy. He said it was featured on one of Rhett's news letters. I held the totally rotted original riveted sheath and the replacement the owner got directly from Bo himself in 1984. Showed me the personally written letter from Bo that was sent with the replacement sheath that also had rivets from Johnson. This begs the question about whether Johnson kept riveting sheath way after the 70's. If you all remember, I had my Model 1 sheath riveted by Pete Hamilton at the shop in the early 70's on a visit to the shop. Pete asked me if I wanted rivets and I said yes. He disappeared for a few minutes and reappeared with my used sheath riveted. The reason I know he put rivets in my old sheath, was I had dyed the tan sheath cordavon. It was dark but not black. I am so mad at myself for selling that Model 1 to Rhett, it gives me nightmares. I am still hoping that the person that bought my Model 1 in 1993 will surface, so I can buy it back. It has my name etched, Michael R. Allen . let me know if you ever run across it. Didn't mean to hijack this Model 2 thread, so please move it to sheath or Model 1, not smart enough myself.

Pap

Edited by pappy19 (08/21/16 05:53 PM)
Randall Collector
Behring Made Collector
Ruana Collector
Glock Fan
NRA- Life Member since 1975
mikenlu99@aol.com